HFC-Powered Small Cell / Remote PHY AC/AC Converters (LBPS-250/400-ACPSU-HFC90V)
Lindsay’s LBPS series of HFC-powered AC/AC converters can be used for several applications. Customers can power small cells with this cost-effective AC/AC converter, or save on costly powering upgrades when using the device as a Remote PHY power booster. The LBPS-250-ACPSU-HFC90V device provides 250 W with two output ports, while the LBPS-400-ACPSU-HFC90V device provides 400 W with 4 output ports.
Powering flexibility matters when deploying small cells at street level utilizing the HFC infrastructure. The small cell AC/AC converter can be strand, vault, pole, mast or wall mounted and deliver up to 400 watts to power multiple small cell devices. It is designed to maintain reliability with HFC uninterruped powering, while offering a cost advantage over conventional powering schemes. This device is a powerful addition to Lindsay’s small cell network architecture tool kit developed for the cable industry to deliver industry standard, highly reliable, managed, mission critical, two-way communciations and power to small cells. Lindsay manufactures both indoor and outdoor small cell gateways.
Remote PHY deployments can be simplified by using the existing coax infrastructure to send power from a pre-existing HFC power supply to a distant Remote PHY node, thereby eliminating costly plant powering upgrades. The I2R loss of coax cable and the resulting voltage drop is easily overcome by using this device as a power booster. The device will boost line voltage back to 81-90 VAC to feed the Remote PHY Node+1, +2 or +3 actives after the node. Cost savings of up to 25% can be realized.
- Diecast aluminum housing (clamshell design)
- Mounting configurations: strand, vault, pole, mast or wall
- Dual gaskets provide 15 PSI weatherproof seal
- Temperature cycled: –40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
- Cable plant-powered: 60-90 VAC
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI): -100 dB when installed with an approved Lindsay Broadband part # LBLTE-PI power inserter
- 6 kV Surge protection
- HFC access with Lindsay’s LBLTE-PI series power inserter
- Up to four power ports available
- Coax power interface protects RF performance of HFC plant
- Small cell or Remote PHY power up to 400 watts