NoBI™ OBI-Free Active Splitter
Optical Beat Interference (OBI) occurs when simultaneous optical upstream transmissions from multiple CPEs (RFoG mini nodes) interfere with each other – a condition that becomes more likely as subscriber densities increase. OBI is a huge issue that RFoG FTTH networks face.
Lindsay Broadband eliminates OBI with its outdoor temperature-rated NoBI active optical splitter. This device provides total OBI elimination, even in networks with multiple upstream lasers, by combining them on a single upstream wavelength.
The NoBI active splitter eliminates OBI without compromising network performance and allows operators to migrate to higher capacity DOCSIS® 3.0 and 3.1 technologies. The active splitter easily allows operators to achieve twice the reach of traditional passive splitters in an RFoG network. The 19”, 1RU NoBI active splitter can be installed in either a headend/hub or a distribution cabinet. The device is also available in an outdoor wall/pole/strand enclosure which can be used in MDU applications. The device is rated to withstand temperatures from -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F).
- Completely eliminates OBI
- Maximizes network capacity & performance
- Extend the reach of traditional RFoG FTTH networks
- Available in 4, 8, 16 or 32 ports
- Integrated 1550/1610 nm WDM
- DOCSIS 3.1 capable, 204 MHz upstream bandwidth
- Optional built-in EDFA for longer reach
- Outdoor temperature-rated: -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
- 19″, 1RU or IP65 outdoor enclosure for wall/pole/strand mounting
- 100-240 VAC, 40-65 VAC HFC or 48 VDC powering available
- Upstream test point for easy setup & troubleshooting
- Pair with Lindsay’s LBON series CPE mini nodes
- Low power consumption
- Ultra-low noise DFB laser with isolator
- Adjustable upstream optical input dynamic range for optimum CNR performance