LBON520ACT Customer Premise OBI-Free RFoG ONU (1.2 GHz) with 1G/10G PON Pass Through Port
Optical Beat Interference (OBI) occurs when simultaneous optical upstream transmissions from multiple CPEs (RFoG mini nodes) interfere with each other – a condition that becomes more likely as subscriber densities increase.
In efforts to eliminate the problem of OBI from RFoG FTTH networks, Lindsay offers the OBI-free LBON520ACT RFoG premise ONU device. The LBON520ACT with xPON pass through port provides OBI elimination in networks with multiple upstream lasers in passive optical splitter networks. This device incorporates the necessary filtering for proper rejection between RFoG and 1G/10G PON wavelengths to support GPON and 10G PON overlays with RFoG to coexist on the same fiber network.
The LBON520ACT device eliminates OBI without compromising network performance and allows operators to deliver higher capacity DOCSIS® 3.0 and 3.1 technologies efficiently. The device provides groups of 8 stable upstream wavelengths, separated by 0.5 nm and thermally controlled to maintain its center wavelength over temperatures from -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F). The user can choose from 8 wavelengths from 1603.5 nm to 1616.5 nm via the interactive front panel on the ONU.
The LBON520ACT device uses an LED display to show the selected channel/wavelength of the ONU. The LED display will also show the optical receive input level in dBm. A pushbutton beside the display allows the user to select the desired wavelength. The LBON520ACT device supports 42/54 MHz, 65/85 MHz and 85/102 MHz frequency splits with the downstream frequency band out to 1218 MHz. The LBON520ACT device series comes standard with Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and burst-mode return lasers (2 or 3 mW).
- Eliminates OBI
- User-selectable 8 wavelengths separated by 0.5 nm with the press of a button
- Thermally controlled stable DFB laser rated for -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
- LED display shows wavelengths and ONU status
- 1G/10G PON pass through port supporting RFoG and xPON on same fiber
- Input Optical Wavelength: 1550 nm
- Optical (AGC): -6 to +2 dBm
- Transmit Wavelength: 1610 ± 6.5 nm
- Downstream Bandwidth: 102-1218 MHz
- Upstream Bandwidth: 5-85 MHz
- Output RF Level: 20 dBmV @ 1002 MHz
- RF Bi-directional Test Point: -20 dB
- Pwr-On, Opt I/P, Opt TX LED indicators
- Future Optional Split: 204/258 MHz