Strand-Mounted HFC-Powered Hardened 3.0 Cable Modem
The Lindsay DOCSIS®Loop is a hardened cable modem designed to maintain reliability in the harsh HFC environment and minimize the cost of status monitoring. The outdoor DOCSIS® Loop uses a standards based DOCSIS® cable modem that is wholly under the control of the MSO through the CMTS.
It can be used in conjunction with SNMP monitoring systems to evaluate cable plant line conditions. Important line quality indications such as Signal Strength, Signal to Noise Ratio, Bit error rate and much more depending on your operating system. This device is quick and easy to install connected to a power passing multi-tap, directional coupler or as a network termination. The integrated HFC interface includes 6Kv surge with stand, upstream and downstream modem sweet spot level controls and -20dB test points.
- Die-cast aluminum housing (clamshell design)
- Mounting configurations: wall, pole, vault, mast, or strand
- Dual gaskets provide 15-PSI weather-proof seal
- Temperature cycled, from -40ºC to +60ºC (-40ºF to +140ºF)
- Designed to protect against surges
- Choice of input (DOCSIS® 2.0 or 3.0)
- Cable plant-powered (40-90 voltage AC)
- 6Kv Surge protection
- HFC access at any directional coupler or power-passing tap
- Coax power interface protects RF performance of HFC plant
- Monitor and configure via SNMP agent, SSH or Web browser