Strand-Mounted DOCSIS® Access Point (SMHAP)
Wireless plant extension and hotspot services are just one truck roll away. A quick and easy connection at any power passing tap or coupler opens new revenue streams.
The SMHAP unit is a standards compliant access point with an integrated DOCSIS® cable modem for backhaul. Single and dual high power 350 mW radios with 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO technology, support TCP throughputs up to 100 Mbit full duplex.
The SMHAP unit can be used in both bridged and routed configurations. Hotspot, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and mesh applications can all be implemented on this extremely flexible device. All variants of the SMHAP unit are available Mikrotik, RouterOS installed. This powerful networking platform supports advanced routing protocols such as OSFP and MPLS/VPLS. VLANs can be tunneled using L2TP of SSTP with BCP support. Per connection queuing along with seven firewall and bridge filters, enforces equal access for all subscribers according to their service class and allows traffic shaping at the edge.
The SMHAP unit can be managed via SNMP, HHTP, CLI (SSH or Telnet) and an easy-to-use Windows®-based utility. Remote firmware updates are supported. User management can be done with a standard radius server, or third party user management service, or for smaller deployments, the included UserManager package can be used. Many vendors of DOCSIS provisioning software have modules to support user management for the SMHAP unit as well.
- Diecast aluminum housing (clamshell design)
- Mounting configurations: wall, pole, vault, mast, or strand
- Dual gaskets provide 15 PSI weatherproof seal
- Temperature-cycled, from -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
- Designed to protect against surges
- DOCSIS 3.0/3.1. Optical options available
- Forward and reverse -20 dB test points
- Modem “sweet-spotting” through diplex filters and JXP-type attenuators
- Cable plant-powered (40-90 voltage AC)
- Single and dual 802.11a/b/g/n radio options
- Powered by Mikrotik, HP, Ubiquiti and additional options
- Omnidirectional and directional sector, panel, grid and dish antenna options
- 2×2 MIMO two spatial streams
- Supports 16 virtual service communities (SSID)
- Multiple secure management options
- RADIUS interface for authentication, authorization and accounting
- Hotspot, point-to-point/point-to-multipoint operations